Property Tax Information
Property Tax Bills are due on Friday June 3, 2022
Property tax bills were mailed on April 29th with a due date of June 3rd. Payments received or postmarked after the due date are subject to late fees. Below you will find various “Easy-Payment” options for your convenience.
The Treasurer’s office has temporarily moved to Room 303 on the 3rd floor during renovations to the County Building. Please use the “Easy-Payment” options below to avoid construction and parking challenges. If paying at the County Building, please be prepared for construction challenges, security screening, and an elevator ride to the third floor.
Property owners with questions can e-mail the Treasurer at Treasurer@sangamonil.gov
Important Payment Dates
- First Installment Due: June 3, 2022
- Second Installment Due: September 2, 2022
- Last Day to make payments: November 3, 2022 by 5:00pm
- Property Tax Sale: November 4, 2022
All payments are assessed a late penalty after the due dates.
E-Check Payments Via the Internet
Payments can be made via the internet at Tax.Co.Sangamon.Il.Us no later than each installment due date to avoid late penalty. E-Check payments can be made through November 3, 2022 by 5:00pm. When making a payment, please have your parcel identification number or property address available along with the routing number and account number. No fee is charged for E-check payments.
Payments must be postmarked no later than the due dates to avoid penalty.
Mail checks payable to:
Sangamon County Collector
P.O Box 19400
Springfield Il 62794-9400
INB Drive Thru and Lobby Payments
Drive thru and Lobby payments are accepted at INB branches through November 3, 2022. Please bring the tax stub when making a payment.
Internet Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Credit or debit card payments may be made via the internet no later than each installment due date to avoid a late penalty. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Internet payments can be made through November 3, 2022 by 5:00pm at: https://magic.collectorsolutions.com/magic-ui/Login/illinois-sangamon-county-treasu
Phone Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Credit or debit card payments can be made by calling 1-888-834-3729 no later than each installment due date to avoid a late penalty. Please have your parcel identification number and payment amount available when calling. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Phone payments can be made through November 3, 2022 by 5:00pm.
Drop Box Payments
A payment drop box is available in the lobby of the Sangamon County Building.
- The Treasurer’s office will be under construction starting in Mid-May. We will be moving to the third floor of the County Building during the construction. Please consider the above “easy-payment” options.
- If paying at the County Building, please be prepared for construction challenges, security screening and an elevator ride to the third floor.
- Payments can be made at 200 S. Ninth St. Springfield, Illinois from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.