The Victim Advocates of the Sangamon County State’s Attorney’s Office provide assistance to crime victims. Advocates are available to answer questions about the criminal process, to attend court proceedings with victims, and to act as liaisons between victims and Assistant State’s Attorneys. Victim Advocates also may direct victims to counseling services, victim’s compensation programs, and other resources as needed. Child victims may be referred to the Sangamon County Child Advocacy Center for assistance tailored to their unique situations.
Victim Advocates also serve as witness coordinators for trials. If you have a question or concern about being a witness in a trial, contact an Advocate for more information.
Call an Advocate if you have questions about:
- The status of your case
- Victim’s compensation programs
- Having an Advocate attend court with you
- Updating your phone number and/or address
- Subpoenas for criminal cases
Other victim services
Advocate contact information
- Diane Bell, Director of Victim/Witness Services (217) 747-5134
- Holli Gleason, Assistant Director of Victim/Witness Services (217) 753-6363
- Tami Richmond, Victim/Witness Advocate-Felony Division (217) 747-5133
- Khoran Readus, Victim/Witness Advocate-Domestic Violence (217) 753-6796
- Gibson, Courthouse Facility Dog
Courthouse Facility Dog
Gibson, a Courthouse Facility Dog, was donated to the Victim/Witness Program by Duo in St. Louis, MO. He is specially trained to provide service in a legal setting without disruption of proceedings. Gibson's calm demeanor and ability to work in high stress environment allows him to comfort victims of crime throughout the investigation and prosecution of a case. Illinois law also allows Courthouse Facility Dogs to be used in specialty courts and Gibson currently participates in Veteran's Court and Drug Court for Sangamon County. For mor informaion on Courthouse Facility Dogs you may visit courthousedogs.org.