Sangamon County Central Dispatch System (hereinafter “SCCDS”) is a public agency voluntarily established by its members pursuant to Article VII, Section 10 of the 1970 Constitution of the State of Illinois and the Intergovernmental Cooperation Act for the purpose of providing the equipment, services and other items necessary and appropriate for the establishment, operation and maintenance of a joint dispatch system for the mutual benefit of the participants hereto, to provide such services on a contract basis to other governmental units and to provide a forum for discussion, study development and implementation of recommendations of mutual interest regarding public safety communications within the County of Sangamon and City of Springfield. The powers of the Board of Directors shall be those necessary and incidental to carrying out the purposes set forth in Article I of these by-laws.
SCCDS Board of Directors Members
The Board of Directors shall be made up of the Mayor of the City of Springfield, Illinois, the Chairman of the Sangamon County Board and the Chairman of the Emergency Telephone System Board (“9-1-1 Board”).
Officers of the Board of Directors shall consist of a Chairman. The Chairman shall be elected from among the membership of the Board. A Treasurer, Secretary and Executive Director shall be selected and appointed by the majority vote of the Board of Directors. The Chairman shall hold office for a period of one year. The Treasurer, Secretary and Executive Director are not members of the Board of Directors.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall be one of the members of the Board of Directors elected at the annual meeting.
- Joe Powell, Chairman
- Mayor Jim Langfelder, Member
- Andy Van Meter, Member
SCCDS Board of Directors Meetings
Meetings shall be held four times annually in February, May, August, and November. The time and date shall be determined by the Board of Directors in accord with the Open Meetings Act. The meetings shall be held in the Sangamon County Building.
Special meetings may be held at the call of the Chairman, or at the written request of two members of the Board of Directors. Time and date shall be determined by the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The meeting shall be held in, alternately the County Building and the Springfield Municipal Building. A minimum of forty-eight hours’ written notice shall be given to the Board of Directors including an agenda for the meeting. Only those items appearing on the agenda may be considered at the meeting.
SCCDS Board of Directors Duties
- Determine general policy of SCCDS, including personnel policies.
- Hire auditors for annual audit of financial affairs of SCCDS at the end of each fiscal year and provide for such report to be delivered to each member.
- Authorize by resolution an agent to sign checks, drafts or other orders for the payment of money, notes or other evidences of indebtedness issued in the name of SCCDS and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Select by resolution banks as depositories.
- Approve new members by a majority vote.
- Approve amendments to the by-laws by a majority vote.
- Serve without compensation from SCCDS.