The Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Board is established pursuant to the Illinois Revised Statues, Chapter 134, Paragraph 45.4, as amended by P.A. 85978 and pursuant to a resolution of the Sangamon County Board, Chapter 8.14 of Title 8 of the Sangamon County Code adopted December 4, 1989 establishing the Emergency Telephone System Board. The Sangamon County Board on the 13th day of December, 1995 made certain amendments and additions to Chapter 8.14 of Title 8 of the Sangamon County Code. Those amendments created the Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Department and reduced the size of the ETSB to seven (7) members.
ETSD Board Members
The Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Department (ETSD) shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by the Chairman of the Sangamon County Board, with the advice and consent of the County Board.
- Joe Powell, Chairman
- Tom Chi , Vice Chairman
- Police Chief Kenny Winslow, Member
- Bill Russell, Member
- Rich Coon, Member
- Dick Rentschler, Member
- Jim Good, Member
Regular meetings shall be held on a monthly basis. The time, date and place shall be determined by the Chairman with the consent of the ETSD. Notice of the regular meetings shall be given to members of the Board, including an agenda, monthly financial report, and minutes of the prior meeting by the Director of the Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Department.
- Select 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Select 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Select 2017 Meeting Minutes
- Select 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Planning and consolidation of the 911 System for Sangamon County Illinois.
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation, upgrading, consolidation, and maintenance of the 911 system, including the establishment of equipment specifications and efforts, operations, cost sharing, expenditure approval, hiring and utilization of personnel and equipment in accordance with the policies established by the ETSD and the applicable law.
- Receiving monies from the surcharge imposed under the Illinois Compiled Statues, Chapter 50, as amended, and from any other source, for deposit into the Emergency Telephone System fund.
- Pay bills and disburse monies in accordance with the policies and guidelines set by the ETSD, the Sangamon County Board, and as authorized by law.
- Hire, on a permanent or temporary basis, any staff necessary for the implementation, upgrade, and consolidation of the 911 system. The hired staff shall be employed by the Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Department.
- Set the General Policy and Operations for the Emergency Telephone System Board and Department.
- Annually utilize county auditors to conduct an audit of the fiscal operations and receive the report of the annual audit.
- Adopt methods and procedures for the orderly conduct of business for the development, implementation and consolidation of the 911 system for Sangamon County, Illinois.
- Contract where appropriate with other governmental bodies, or private entities, for use of facilities, equipment and services necessary in the planning, implementation, upgrade, maintenance and consolidation of the 911 system.
- Shall be responsible for carrying out the policies of the ETSD.
- Approve amendments to the by-Laws as recommended by the ETSD.
- The ETSD shall establish any committees necessary to fulfill the functions of the Board.