Term: 2018- 2022
Sam Snell (R)
1015 West VanBuren
Auburn, IL 62615
Sam Snell was appointed to the County Board in February, 2003. Since that time, Sam has worked hard for the constituents he represents in District 6. Sam is a lifelong resident of Auburn, a grain farmer, a builder and past president of the Sangamon County Farm Bureau.
Since coming to the Sangamon County Board in 2003, Sam has served on the following committees:
- Civil Liabilities Committee – Member
- Election Oversight - Chair
- Zoning & Land Use Committee – Member
- Citizens Advisory Board on Animal Control – Past Vice- Chair
- Liquor Committee- Past Member
- Customer Service Ad Hoc Committee - Past Member
- Sangamon County Extension Board – Past Member
While serving on the Civil Liabilities Committee, the committee drafted a Comprehensive Ethics Policy, which was approved by the Sangamon County Board in 2003,
Sam was instrumental in the creation of the Sangamon County Drug Task Force through the Sheriff’s Department to help stop drug trafficking.