Term: 2018 - 2022
Abe Forsyth (R)
3 Pajim Lane
Springfield, IL 62711
Abe Forsyth became a County Board member, representing District 27 in June, 2000. He was born and raised in Springfield and has lived in District 27 for over 40 years. Abe has a strong background and familiarity with the area and its residents.
Abe served in the Navy Reserves from 1952-1956 at the Great Lakes Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois. He currently owns and operates a concrete, snow removal, salvage business and was employed by the IL Secretary of State from 1991-1999.
COUNTY BOARD SERVICE
- Vice-Chair of Court Services Committee
- Member of the Liquor Committee
- Member of the Election Oversight Committee
- Member of the Public Health, Solid Waste & Zoning Committee
- Past Member of the Solid Waste Management Committee
- Past Vice-Chair of the Public Health, Safety & Zoning Committee
- Past Vice-Chair of the Building & Grounds Committee
- Past Vice-Chair of the Employee Services Committee
- Insurance Board of Managers-member