Term: 2016 - 2020
Mike Sullivan (R)
3949 Tozer Road
Springfield, IL 62707
Mike Sullivan was first elected to Sangamon County Board District 11 in 2006. He resigned his seat in 2011, due to moving outside his county board district. The newly adopted district map included his new home location, which allowed him to run for office again in November, 2012.
Mike was raised on a farm in Northwest Sangamon County located in District 11. Mike is the product of Springfield public schools and Benedictine University.
Mike proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps from 1977 to 1981 receiving the Good Conduct Medal and an Honorable Discharge.
Mike considers it a privilege and honor to serve the folks of Sangamon County and give back to those who have given him so much. Mike believes in hard work and old-fashioned common sense while keeping a keen eye towards the future.
- Currently employed by Brandt, Inc. in Pleasant Plains, IL
- Previously employed as a Supervisor at Bunn-O-Matic Corporation, Springfield, IL
- Production Manager – The Pillsbury Company, Springfield, IL
- Realtor – GRI, Member Springfield Association of Realtors
- Owner / Manager – Flower Fantasia, Inc.
- Owner / Manager – Chatham Family Laundromat, Inc.
Mike's Current Standing Committees Assignments
- Civil Liabilities - Vice Chair
- Liquor Committee - Member
- Public Health, Solid Waste & Zoning Committee - Member
Past County Board Committees
- Collective Bargaining Committee – Chair
- Jail Committee - Member & Past Vice-Chair
- Community Resource Committee – Member & Past Vice-Chair
- Building & Grounds Committee - Past Member
- Community Resource Block Grant Board - Past Member
- Capital Area Labor Management Council - Member
- Friends of Sangamon Valley - Member
- Illinois Audubon Socoety - Member
- Pleasant Plains Masonic Lodge No. 700 - Member
- Toys For Tots - Volunteer
- Salvation Army – Volunteer
- Valley of Springfield Scottish Rite – Member