Low-Income Sewer Assistance Program (LISAP) is available from 7/27/2020 to 6/30/2021. This Program is for residents of Sangamon County. You may be eligible for a one-time payment of $90.00 for the current program year. You can call to request an application at 217-535-3120 or Download the Application
Beginning October, families with LIHEAP appointments are also offered the sewer rebate if customers of the SCWRD
List of approved vendors for this program
ABT Water Treatment Inc.
City Water Light and Power (Sanitary Charges)
Curran-Gardner Township Water
Springfield Metro Sanitary District
Village of Chatham
Village of Grandview
Village of Jerome
Village of Rochester
Williamsville Public Works Dept.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you can answer yes to all of the following questions:
- If you live with Sangamon County and receive service from one of the approved vendors.
- If you are eligible for LiHeap you would be eligible for this program as well.
- The 30-day gross income of your household, previous to the appointment, did not exceed the following:
Income Guidelines for Sewer Rebate – (Guidelines same as LIHEAP)
Income Guidelines for LIHEAP 2021
for the 2022 Program Year
For family units with more than 8 members, add $4,540.00 for each additional member to arrive at yearly amounts for 100%. At 200% yearly amounts are increased by $9,080.00 for each additional member.
What is “Gross Income of Household”?
This is the income received by EVERY member of your household (related or not) in the previous 30 days before your appointment who was at least 18 years old. This includes but is not limited to wages, salaries, gross amounts of pensions and annuities, retirement benefits, Social Security benefits, unemployment, TANF, disability, child support, general assistance and any other form of income.
What Documents are Required to Prove Income?
For all members of your household we require:
- Photo I.D. for Head of Household.
- Most recent utility bills reflecting sewer charges.
- Social Security cards for all members of the household.
- Any medical cards.
- Documentation for all sources of income for all household members over 18 years old. Copies of pay stubs or proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone in the household that is over 18 years of age.
If no income has been received, applicant and all household members over 18 years of age must provide one of the following documents:
- Denial letter for social security benefits.
- Denial letter for unemployment benefits.
- Denial letter for workman’s compensation.
- Medical card (copy of front and back) with clients name on it.
- Proof of application for food stamps, cash/medical.