Andy Goleman | Term: 2016-2020
The County Auditor's Office has the responsibility of monitoring all internal financial operations of the county and by statute is the general accountant of the county and keeper of its general accounts.
Duties of the County Auditor include:
- Auditing all claims against the county and recommending payment by dated signature.
- Collecting, analyzing, and preserving statistical and financial information with respect to the cost of operations of the various county departments and facilities.
- Auditing the receipts of all county officials and departments.
- Maintaining a continuous internal audit of the operations and financial records of the officials, agents, or divisions of the county.
- Auditing the inventory of all real and personal property owned by the county and under the control and management of the various officials and departments of the county.
- Maintaining a file of all contracts entered into by the County Board and all authorized county officials.
- Reporting quarterly to the County Board on the entire financial operation of the county and notifying the general public of the availability of such reports.
- Handling all workers' compensation cases and reports of injury.
Acting as ex-officio member of the Finance Committee as they are mandated in an advisory capacity to the County Auditor.
- County Financial Records
- Expenditure Reports and Budget
If you are aware of any specific instances of inappropriate use of Sangamon County resources, please call 535-3125 (available 24 hours a day) or send an email to email@example.com. All information will be held in the strictest confidence. Additionally, please use the telephone line and/or email address to suggest better, more efficient ways that Sangamon County government might utilize in providing service to citizens.