Property Tax Information
Unpaid Taxes were sold on November 4, 2022
Contact the County Clerk at 217-753-6700 for payment amounts or go to tax.co.sangamon.il.us for a tax sale redemption quote under the Reports/Forms tab for tax payers.
Tentative Dates for 2022 Pay 2023 Taxes
- Bills mailed on: April 28, 2023
- First Installment Due: June 2, 2023
- Second Installment Due: September 1, 2023
- Last Day to make payments: November 2, 2023 by 5:00pm
- Property Tax Sale: November 3, 2023
Easy-Payment Options for 2022 pay 2023
E-Check Payments Via the Internet
Payments can be made via the internet at tax.co.sangamon.il.us no later than each installment due date to avoid late penalty. E-Check payments can be made through November 2, 2023 by 5:00pm. When making a payment, please have your parcel number or property address available along with your routing number and account number. No fee is charged for E-check payments.
Payments must be postmarked no later than the due dates to avoid penalty.
Mail checks payable to:
Sangamon County Collector
P.O Box 19400
Springfield Il 62794-9400
INB Drive Thru and Lobby Payments
Drive Thru and Lobby payments are accepted at INB branches through November 2, 2023. Please bring the tax stub when making a payment; receipts are issued at INB.
Internet Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Internet payments by credit or debit card payments may be made via the internet no later than each installment due date to avoid a late penalty. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Internet payments can be made through November 2, 2023 by 5:00pm at: https://magic.collectorsolutions.com/magic-ui/Login/illinois-sangamon-county-treasu
Phone Payments with Credit or Debit Card
Credit or debit card payments can be made by calling 1-888-834-3729 no later than each installment due date to avoid a late penalty. Please have your parcel number and payment amount available when calling. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card companies. Phone payments can be made through November 2, 2023 by 5:00pm.
- The Treasurer’s office has moved to the third floor of the County Building during the renovations, room 303. Please consider the above “easy-payment” options.
- If paying at the County Building, please be prepared for construction challenges, limited parking, security screening and an elevator ride to the third floor.
- Payments can be made at 200 S. Ninth St. Springfield, Illinois from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Illinois Emergency Homeowner Assistance Fund Reopens November 1, 2022
For additional information visit: https://www.illinoishousinghelp.org/ilhaf