Title: Assistant County Engineer for Program Development
Posted On: 12/15/2017
The Sangamon County Highway Department is looking for an Assistant County Engineer for Program Development. This position shall assist the County Engineer in the everyday functions of the County Highway Department and perform such other duties as may be assigned and/or required.The Assistant County Engineer for Program Development will direct and manage program development of all capital improvement programs, including planning, programming, Phase I and Phase II engineering, land acquisition, permitting, finance and budgeting for the County Highway Department.
Responsibilities: 1. Pay, review and file all invoices associated with Township MFT Funds, County Bridge Funds, and State Township Bridge Funds monthly.
2. Prepare project proposals and plans for lettings after review by IDOT.
3. Conduct site visits with consultants assigned to planning and design projects.
4. Conduct project/plan review and oversee all design projects.
5. Hold bid lettings and prepares necessary documentation for approval and execution by the county board.
6. Coordinate, track and negotiate right-of-way needs of the County Highway Department.
7. Coordinate and prepare permits for utilities within right-of-way and over sized loads.
8. Create and oversee the maintenance of a section list for all projects in the county.
9. Prepare invoices for presentation to Townships, City or the State for their participation in our projects.
10. Coordinate, update and implement the County Sign Inventory System.
11. Assist the County Engineer in the preparation and tracking of the annual budget.
Requirements: The incumbent will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and shall be a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois. In addition, a minimum of 10 years experience in the construction, design, or maintenance of highways, with 5 years in project management and/or supervisory capacity is desired.The incumbent will work with the following individuals, agencies or departments on matters in connection with and concerning County and Township's improvement projects:
1. Federal, State, Township and Local Officials
2. Consultants, Contractors and Developers
3. General Public.
The incumbent will keep the County Engineer informed as to progress and problems of such matters concerning the County and Townships' improvement projects.This position reports to and works directly with the Sangamon County Engineer. Reporting directly to this position are: Engineering Assistant, Subdivision Township Highway Coordinator and Seasonal Technical Staff. Indirect reporting include a Manager-Fiscal Operations.
Benefits: Salary range: $79,485 to $111,276 (FY18)
Normal working hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday; however, the incumbent is on call on a 24 hours basis, seven days per week.
Please submit county application & resume to Brian Davis, Sangamon County Engineer, 3003 Terminal Avenue, Springfield, IL 62707
Deadline to apply is January 5, 2018.