Beginning June 1, 2016 until May 30, 2017 or when funds have depleted, income-eligible Sangamon County Residents living in the Sangamon County Water Reclamation District, may qualify for a one-time sewer rebate of $80.48 in program year 2016-17. Sangamon County residents in the Sangamon County Water Reclamation District may call 535-3120 for an application any day during business hours until funds are depleted.
Beginning each September 1, families with LIHEAP appointments are also offered the sewer rebate if customers of the SCWRD.
Download the LISAP Application.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if you can answer yes to all of the following questions:
- You live within the limits of the Springfield Metro Sanitary District in 2013-14 and have a current SMSD sewer bill to submit.
- The 30-day gross income of your household, previous to the appointment, did not exceed the following::
Income Guidelines for Sewer Rebate – (Guidelines same as LIHEAP/PIPP)
Income Guidelines for LIHEAP and LIHEAP PIPP
For each additional member, add $520 to 30-Day and $6,240 to annual amounts.
What is “Gross Income of Household”?
This is the income received by EVERY member of your household (related or not) in the previous 30 days before your appointment who was at least 18 years old. This includes but is not limited to wages, salaries, gross amounts of pensions and annuities, retirement benefits, Social Security benefits, unemployment, TANF, disability, child support, general assistance and any other form of income.
What Documents are Required to Prove Income?
For all members of your household we require:
- Photo I.D. for Head of Household.
- Most recent utility bills reflecting sewer charges.
- Social Security cards for all members of the household.
- Any medical cards.
- Documentation for all sources of income for all household members over 18 years old. Copies of pay stubs or proof of income for the past 30 days for anyone in the household that is over 18 years of age.
If no income has been received, applicant and all household members over 18 years of age must provide one of the following documents:
- Denial letter for social security benefits.
- Denial letter for unemployment benefits.
- Denial letter for workman’s compensation.
- Medical card (copy of front and back) with clients name on it.
- Proof of application for food stamps, cash/medical.